Understands and maintains the Banks standards for service and customer satisfaction; exercising the Preferred Banking Pledge with every customer, every transaction, every time. On a daily basis, processes a wide variety of monetary transactions, demonstrating accuracy and adherence to the Bank's procedures, policies and banking regulatory requirements. Promotes and cross-sells bank products and performs some supervisory responsibilities while assisting customers in the teller area as well as the platform.
This is a Floating Position. Travel will be required to other locations and candidates must be able to work flexible schedules to meet the needs of the Bank.
This role is eligible for a Sign-On Bonus.
- Greets customers courteously; assesses the customer's needs; seeking to understand how the customers' needs are best met by actively listening.
- Processes deposits, withdrawals, account maintenance, loan payments and checks presented for cashing.
- By remaining alert, assists in identifying and minimizing Bank’s exposure to losses due to fraud.
- Examines checks or other negotiable instruments for endorsements and to verify other information such as dates, bank names, identification of customer and the legality of the documents.
- Completes Currency Transaction Reports (CTR) on cash transactions exceeding regulatory threshold.
- Seeks appropriate supervisor advice or approvals regarding any special messaging on accounts or transactions beyond teller level of authority
- Participates in performing daily branch tasks including ATM maintenance, ATM deposit processing, night deposit processing, loan product payments, deposit capture scanning, proofing and balancing work and error resolution.
- Balances each day’s transactions and verify cash against computer totals. (In accordance with the Teller Cash Difference Policy and Procedures) Assists with branch settlement at the end of the day.
- Assists the branch management team with monthly and quarterly audits
- Opens and closes the branch as needed to assist with branch coverage (including branch keys and alarm access)
- Provides lunch coverage as needed
- Committed to continued training to help ensure that the branch operates efficiently (fully cross functional), including open new consumer and business relationships
- Exhibits sound judgment in decisions concerning Teller Overrides and other customer situations.
- Assists the Teller Supervisor as requested, and may act as a back-up to the Teller Supervisor in their absence.
- Assumes responsibility for vault cash in the absence of the Teller Supervisor; verifying count before taking control.
- Provides information, assistance and customer service to Bank customers in a professional manner.
- Achieves established referrals and service goals.
- Maintains knowledge of bank products and services.
- As part of the Branch team; actively partners with all personnel to fully serve our customers according to our Preferred Banking Pledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to review or research daily work for accuracy, find errors and recommend or perform procedures to correct errors.
- Is knowledgeable in the operation and use of the Bank's applications/ systems
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge in the Bank's non-proprietary applications (E-mail, Word, Excel, and Internet) to communicate with co-workers and to perform routine administrative tasks.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1-2 years of banking experience required.